Thinking about veganism?
The process of transitioning to vegan living can seem overwhelming at first. It is important to remember that it is does not have to be done overnight. Breaking it up into smaller steps can prove to be very effective (as well as a very enjoyable, eye-opening journey!). Whether you are just learning about veganism, curious about what you need to know and how to go about making the transition or a long-time vegan on the lookout for new information, this page will help connect you to various resources.
Restaurants presents a selection of vegan or vegan-friendly restaurants, diners, cafes, bakeries, pizzerias and caterers in the Philadelphia area. Nutrition includes resources providing information about the health benefits of plant-based eating, how to go about planning a healthy vegan diet and addressing concerns related to obtaining necessary vitamins and nutrients. Groceries includes a list of vegan brands available at many supermarkets that include products ranging from vegan burgers & sausages to dairy-free milks, cheeses & ice creams. Body Care can assist to familiarize consumers with vegan hair care, body care, make up and fragrance companies. Clothing provides information about vegan fabrics, shoes and fashion brands.
- V Street
- Wiz Kid
- Bar Bombón
- Charlie was a sinner
- Blackbird Pizzeria
- Mama's Vegetarian
- Mi Lah Vegetarian
- Front Street Cafe
- PlantPure Café
- Dottie's Donuts
- P.S. & Co.
- Sweet Freedom Bakery
- Beyond Meat, Gardein, Field Roast, Tofurky, and Lightlife are a few of the many brands offering meat-substitute products.
- Kite Hill, Chao (Field Roast), Miyokos, Violife, Tofutti, and Daiya are some of the brands that specializing in plant-based cheeses.
- More and more established ice cream brands are expanding their products to include dairy-free flavors! Check out Ben and Jerry's, Häagen Dazs, Breyer's, and Halo Top. For entirely vegan brands, check out So Delicious and Nada Moo.
- So Delicious and Kite Hill also produce vegan yogurt products.
- This guide by Mayo Clinic offers suggestions about how to plan a healthy plant-based diet, information about what nutrients must be considered and what foods are good sources of those nutrients
- This article from Simply Vegan answers questions concerning protein intake and includes detailed charts presenting vegan foods and their protein content
- Vaute is a vegan fashion brand based in New York City that offers a selection of warm winter coats
- Mooshoes is a vegan business with locations in New York City and Los Angeles that sells footwear, clothing, bags and various types of accessories
- Alternative Outfitters is an online vegan boutique that sells men's, women's and children's clothing, shoes, accessories and body care items at modest prices
- Hurraw! is a 100% vegan company that produces lip balms that come in a variety of flavors. They can be ordered online
- Pacifica is a 100% vegan brand that provides all body care needs, including skin care products, body butters, face, eye & lip make u and fragrance
- Au Naturale is a vegan, organic, locally-sourced cosmetic company